With the slowdown ongoing, Ford’s Colony has taken the opportunity to make numerous improvements and renovations to various facilities in the community.
- remodeling of the swim and tennis club’s interior with new lighting, wallpaper and paint, as well as new kitchen appliances.
- the very popular pickleball courts are being transformed into six permanent courts with new posts and nets.
- maintenance on the tennis courts and pergola has been completed.
- the swim and tennis club’s 32-year-old pool is getting coping stones, tiles and an upgraded replacement liner made of fiberglass.
- the Community Services Building has been outfitted with new gutters and siding paint.
- expansion of the fencing in the maintenance area will start soon to relieve parking issues in front of the Community Services Building.
- expansion of fencing for the RV/boat storage area will be scheduled for the summer to increase storage capacity.
The Ford’s Colony HOA board said it will reassess at its May 21 meeting when community facilities can reopen, based on guidance from the state department of health and in compliance with the governor’s executive orders at that time.