The latest Talk of the Colony from the Ford’s Colony HOA is out. Here’s what to check out in February:
* State of the colony: 2021 goals and achievements.
* Proposed changes to the Talk of the Colony.
* The Architectural Review Committee at work.
* Committee openings mean volunteer opportunities.
* Keeping an eye on new property developments.
* Traveling safely in the snow.
* James City County programs for young and old.
* Making an impact by donating blood.
* Exploring the fchoa.org website.
* Residents rekindling romance on Valentine’s Day.
* What the book clubs are reading.
* Participating in the Citizen’s Police Academy.
* Fishing in our many ponds.
* Friends and Neighbors starts the new year.
* Caring Neighbors are there when you need them.
* Contact information and descriptions of the Ford’s Colony clubs, activities, and service groups.
* Shop the classifieds
Wow! What a feather in the cap for Williamsburg, to be crowned as “the South’s best small town 2020” by Southern Living magazine.
The sub-title to the feature story just published: “The colonial charmer is having a modern moment.”
After an introduction that highlights Williamsburg’s traditional and historic past, the article states: “Today, the appeal lies in its ability to perform a delicate dance between old and new, between honoring its past and embracing a more modern future. ‘Williamsburg has grown so much in the past few years,’ says Brittany Rolston, owner of The Shoe Attic near CW. ‘People aren’t coming here just for the history or theme parks anymore. They’re coming to enjoy the town.’ ”
And we enjoy the kind of kudo that tells the country what we already know: It’s hard to beat the ‘burg.
Go HERE to enjoy the entire story in Southern Living.