Happy 2021! I have so much hope for a fresh, healthy start from the most complicated and intense – and yes, scary — times most of us will ever know. I wish you all warmth and peace.
On to news highlights from the first Talk of the Colony (the Ford’s Colony HOA magazine) of the new year:
- The HOA plans to spend roughly $2 million this year on a project to repair old pipes throughout Ford’s Colony.
- A right turn lane onto Ford’s Colony Drive off of Longhill Rd. will be constructed.
- Four of the seven seats on the HOA board of directors will be filled durig the election period that runs Jan. 4 through Feb. 5. Online ballots – one per household or lot owner – should arrive via email by Jan. 5. (Contact email@example.com if you don’t get one.) Voting instructions were mailed with the January assessment billing. Only electronic ballots will be used.
- An impressive roster of candidates, with deep and diverse backgrounds, is running for the open slots – Ray Van Cott, Roy Madsen, Rick Beers, Daphne Kinkel and Robert J. Boggio. Their bios and introductory videos can be found on the “Election” page on the HOA website. Additionally, look for a virtual “Meet the Candidates” webcast to be recorded and posted at fchoa.org soon.
- Entry gate arms continue to receive damage by motorists unaware of how to enter Ford’s Colony, including non-pass holders who try to gun their way through to beat the gate cycle. Don’t try it, advises security chief Crystal Bowers. It won’t work, and you’ll have to pay for the gate damage.
As always, remember that I post links to a year’s worth of Talk of the Colony editions here on their own page.